Tuesday, August 19, 2008

OH, What a Night...

No, I'm not singing the song that we are familiar with. Boy, it was a rough night. I didn't do so well with the bottle. I gave my mom a scare and started choking. Yep, went down the wrong hatch. Because of my high palate, I have a hard time sucking. (Hence the reason for the feeding tube in my tummy.) Sometimes, us CDLS kids don't get to drink from a bottle but I'm really trying hard to. In addition to my high palate, I have reflux which I take medicine for a couple times a day.
85% of my CDLS friends have reflux prolems. Most times, we can grow out of it. Talk about putting a damper on a good cuddling session. It comes out my nose and mouth. GROSS. Then it clogs up my oxygen thingie and PLEAZZZE -- lets not even mention the blue sucker monster that goes up my nose and in my mouth to get any extra stuff out. UNCOMFORTABLE. It burns and sometimes my nose gets red and I get a bit of a bloody nose at times.
I don't want to gross you out too much so I'm gonna take a nap and talk to you later.

2 comments:

mommy to an angel said...

You can't keep scaring your mom like that - she'll take the bottle away you know!

Anonymous said...

Hey little dude...if you ever wanna party with ReeRee in the middle of the night, just give me a call.